Wednesday, November 11, 2009

2 Days Until Vacation!

Only two days until I leave for Rome!  I can't believe how quickly the time between our Ireland/Germany trip and this trip has gone!  Matter of fact, I'm still not all the way unpacked and it's time to pack again.  I have lots of stuff to get done before I leave on Saturday; lots of loose ends to wrap up, especially at work.  My plan is to stay in Rome 11/15 - 11/17, then board the Grand Princess on 11/18.  While in Rome, of course, I'll do as the Romans do....whatever that means!  I do have to make it to the Trevi Fountain and throw a coin in the fountain.  Supposedly, if you throw a coin in the fountain, you are guaranteed you will return to Rome again.  It's worked so far so I'm not going to tempt fate.  Those clever Romans are probably making a mint off of all the gullible, crazy Americans throwing money in the fountain.  I have a ticket to tour the Sistine Chapel on Tuesday.  I've been there but my first visit was rather rushed so I'd like to check it out again.  After the ship leaves Rome on 11/18, the first stop is Naples on 11/19.  I haven't decided what tour I'm going to do in Naples.  I've been to Pompeii and Sorrento, so I'll look for something different.  November 20th is a day at sea which means lots of relaxing which I'm looking forward to without a doubt.  The most exciting stop on the cruise will be Egypt on Thanksgiving.  Well, better run.  Stop back often for updates and pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment